Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic is a dedicated team of professionals always there for your pets
🐾 🎉 WE are very excited to announce Puppy PreSchool is NOW available at Yankalilla...🎉 🐾
"Call us for more information" 🐾
Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic is a locally family owned veterinary practice of Dr Marcus Stafford and Dr Jodie Spence. They took over the practice towards the end of 2012. Between them they have over 30 years in the veterinary industry.
Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic provides modern, professional and affordable health care for your pets. We aim to make your pet feel at ease in our clinic with a caring and gentle approach to treatment and consultations. Our dedicated staff and leading veterinarians are all passionate about pets and avid animal lovers.
At Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic, you’ll be fully supported with sound advice first and foremost. We know that helping our clients starts with providing a good understanding of health care issues and treatment options. With good advice and professional recommendations, you will be well equipped to make the best ongoing health care decisions for your pet.
With fully equipped examination rooms, diagnostic machines and pharmaceutical stores we provide on-the-spot assistance for nearly all pet health and medical needs. Take a moment to meet our team and our own pets. We look forward to seeing you and your pet again at the next scheduled visit.
'Treat every pet as though they are our own'.
Services we offer: Full Consultation, Medical & Surgical Facilities including: Chemotherapy, Dentistry, Desexing, Endoscopy (flexible & rigid), Hospitalisation, Laboratory work, Microchipping, Microscopy, Pharmacy (on-site), Radiology (X-rays), Surgery (general, soft tissue & orthopaedic), Ultrasonography, Vaccinations & Puppy PreSchool.
- Spring has sprung, therefore it is important to start thinking about trimming the hedges and mowing the lawns, as Snakes are starting to think about coming out of hibernation. Even if you SUSPECT your pet has been bitten by a snake, please come down to the clinic and call us as en route, as symptoms, such as vomiting and lethargy, may briefly appear and then disappear, which is when most people persume there pet must have had a near miss - only for symptoms to reappear and progress a short while later.
- We are entering peak allergy season for our pets. Cats and Dogs are just as susceptible as us to new pollen allergens from weeds, plants and trees that are floating in the air, with reactions not at all uncommon and one of the most common conditions we see. We advise and encourage owners to watch for excessive scratching, paw licking, pink/red skin and hair loss. There are a range of treatment options availalble for your pet to help keep them at ease during this season. An interesting statistic - did you know that approximately 25% of dogs have a form of allergic skin disease?!
- GRASS SEED SEASON!
Now is the time of year when grass seeds can become problematic to our fur babies, especially dogs - which can equate to grass seeds getting caught in their ears, eyes, paws, coat, even occasionally other peculiar places!!
Grass seeds possess a special shape which cause them to stick to our pets skin and penetrate; this is due to the grass seed's tiny barbs which can cause forward migration. We have already had many patient's unfortunately having run in's with grass seed's so PLEASE be careful!
Our tips include:
- Try to prevent your pets going through long grass which has gone to seed
- Clip long haired pets
- Examine your pets coat often, in particular between the toes, around the armpits and groin areas.
Pets may show signs of discomfort by shaking their head, rubbing their eyes and chewing at their feet.
- Our Puppy PreSchool classes have been continuing to operate as of June last year! We focus hevaily on behaviour (biting, jumping up, the JOYS of puppyhood!) and we use the most up to date positive reinforcement training methods. Bookings essential.