Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic is a dedicated team of professionals always there for your pets
Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic is a locally family owned veterinary practice of Dr Marcus Stafford and Dr Jodie Spence. They took over the practice towards the end of 2012. Between them they have over 30 years in the veterinary industry.
Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic provides modern, professional and affordable health care for your pets. We aim to make your pet feel at ease in our clinic with a caring and gentle approach to treatment and consultations. Our dedicated staff and leading veterinarians are all passionate about pets and avid animal lovers.
At Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic, you’ll be fully supported with sound advice first and foremost. We know that helping our clients starts with providing a good understanding of health care issues and treatment options. With good advice and professional recommendations, you will be well equipped to make the best ongoing health care decisions for your pet.
With fully equipped examination rooms, diagnostic machines and pharmaceutical stores we provide on-the-spot assistance for nearly all pet health and medical needs. Take a moment to meet our team and our own pets. We look forward to seeing you and your pet again at the next scheduled visit.
'Treat every pet as though they are our own'.
Services we offer: Full Consultation, Medical & Surgical Facilities including: Chemotherapy, Dentistry, Desexing, Endoscopy (flexible & rigid), Hospitalisation, Laboratory work, Microchipping, Microscopy, Pharmacy (on-site), Radiology (X-rays), Surgery (general, soft tissue & orthopaedic), Ultrasonography, Vaccinations & Puppy PreSchool.
- A big congratulations to Dr. Marcus and Dr. Jodie on the arrival of their third baby girl - Jara Eliza Breh. Jara was born on Monday the 10th of December, weighing 4.06kg and 50cm in length. We are happy to report both Dr. Jodie and Jara are doing well back home. Their older daughters, Zaree and Tarli, are enjoying being big sisters and are being a great help to Dr. Jodie around the house!
- A BIG WARM WELCOME TO OUR NEW VET NURSE...BIANCA! We are thrilled to welcome Bianca on deck as one of our new Veterinary Nurses. Bianca is a qualified and very experienced Veterinary Nurse; she has a background working with small animals, however also with large animals on remote stations and as a stable hand. Bianca has special interests in surgical nursing and consulting. Outside of work, Bianca enjoys travelling (she just got back from a very exciting and jam packed trip in the United States!), camping and is a keen horse rider. She is also kept very busy with a cheeky Staffy mix called "Rodney" and a gorgeous cat called "Django". Please make Bianca feel welcome if you spot her around the clinic
- To say we are so proud and pleased for our nurse Zoe is an understatement. Not only did she complete her nursing certificate in record time, but with flying colours. She has worked so hard for this. When she wasn't at work, she was studying or doing further work experience. You would think she would take a big rest now, but not our Zoe. IT is with a mixture of emotions that we announce Zoe will be flying the coup - she now heads to university to follow her dream of becoming a veterinary surgeon! As much as we will ALL miss her terribly (her cheeky laugh & all those practical jokes), she must follow her dreams and her heart. We are not saying goodbye, but just farewell as we are sure to see her around the place. Lets face it she can't get rid of us that easily! :) WISHING you a WORLD of success Zoe, we know your going to excel at what ever you put your mind too!
- A big THANK YOU to everybody who donated so generously to our annual RSPCA Christmas appeal. Donations were recently dropped off to the RSPCA Lonsdale Shelter for which they were very grateful; in particular for the kitten food and baby wipes. Sadly, the RSPCA is currently caring for approximately 400 cats at their Lonsdale shelter so those donations in particular they are in great need of.
- We are seeing a lot of patients with skin disease and allergies at the moment! Did you know that with every 10oc in temperature increase, it DOUBLES the skin irritation. Common signs of skin irritations include redness/pinkness, flakiness and scratching. There are a range of options the clinic can offer you to ease your pet's skin issues. If you are worried about your pet please don't hesitate to phone the clinic and question our experienced Nursing staff.
Top: Dr. Jodie and Dr. Marcus with their adorable baby girl, Jara.
Middle: Meet our new Veterinary Nurse, Bianca!
Below: Donations being dropped off at the RSPCA Lonsdale Shelter.