Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic is a dedicated team of professionals always there for your pets
🐾 🎉 WE are very excited to announe Puppy PreSchool is NOW available at Yankalilla...🎉 🐾
"Call us for more information" 🐾
Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic is a locally family owned veterinary practice of Dr Marcus Stafford and Dr Jodie Spence. They took over the practice towards the end of 2012. Between them they have over 30 years in the veterinary industry.
Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic provides modern, professional and affordable health care for your pets. We aim to make your pet feel at ease in our clinic with a caring and gentle approach to treatment and consultations. Our dedicated staff and leading veterinarians are all passionate about pets and avid animal lovers.
At Yankalilla Veterinary Clinic, you’ll be fully supported with sound advice first and foremost. We know that helping our clients starts with providing a good understanding of health care issues and treatment options. With good advice and professional recommendations, you will be well equipped to make the best ongoing health care decisions for your pet.
With fully equipped examination rooms, diagnostic machines and pharmaceutical stores we provide on-the-spot assistance for nearly all pet health and medical needs. Take a moment to meet our team and our own pets. We look forward to seeing you and your pet again at the next scheduled visit.
'Treat every pet as though they are our own'.
Services we offer: Full Consultation, Medical & Surgical Facilities including: Chemotherapy, Dentistry, Desexing, Endoscopy (flexible & rigid), Hospitalisation, Laboratory work, Microchipping, Microscopy, Pharmacy (on-site), Radiology (X-rays), Surgery (general, soft tissue & orthopaedic), Ultrasonography, Vaccinations & Puppy PreSchool.
- We are experiencing a late season of pets falling victim to snake bites this year. There has been an influx of hatchlings due to more suited conditions for snake breeding, so please continue to be vigilent with keeping your pets safe. The most common patients we sadly see for snake bite treatment are Terrier's and Cat's, however any animal may show interest or could potentially be bitten. Often after a pet has been bitten by a snake, they will experience mild symptoms which can include vomiting, and then they may go back to "normal" for a short period, then progress to have worse symptoms shortly after this, including excess salivaton and hind leg paralysis. If you even suspect that your pet has been bitten, the most vigilent thing that you can do as a pet owner is transport them directly to the clinic and call us when you are en route.
- A big thanks to all of our superstar patients who have featured in our new and updated clinic brochure! Our brochures are now up to date with opening hours (NOW open from 8:30AM weekdays!) and a general reflection of the direction of where the practice is headed. Pop in the clinic today to read it for yourself!
- Our Puppy PreSchool classes have been continuing to operate as of June last year, with waiting lists for upcoming classes always avaliable! Our puppy parents are seeming quite happy with classes, with many people commenting that they have learnt more then they anticipated. The puppy's don't seem to mind all the treats and play sessions as well! Our Puppy classes focus heavily on the socialisation period which is a developmental period that puppy's go through from 7 - 16 weeks of age. What is it? This is a time in a dog's life where we have a huge window of biological opportunity to make positive long lasting effects on their personality for life. A dog is a big investment, potentially 20 years, and just like any investment the most important part is a good foundation. We also discuss Veterinary aspects of having a dog and problem behaviours such as barking, chewing and jumping up. Our classes are ran by our Nurse, Zoe, who has a very keen interest in animal behaviour and mental health particularly. She regularly attends continuing professional developmental courses ran by the Australian Veterinary Behaviour Services to remain up to date with the ever progressing field of animal behaviour.
- We are now stocking a new comprehensive preventative product for dogs, NexGard Spectra! NexGard Spectra treats and prevents your dog from the deadly Heartworm, Fleas, Ticks, Whipworm, Hookworm and Roundworm all in the form of a tasty once a month chew. As a product launch bonus - if you purchase a 6 pack of the NexGard Spectra, we will also give you a 6 month supply of Tapewormer tablets, an additional NexGard Spectra treatment as well as a bandana!
- You can now stay connected to our clinic via our newest delve into social media - Instagram! If you find that our Facebook page is not supplying you with enough adorable snaps of our patients, you can now follow us on Instagram which is a platform primarily for photo sharing. You can follow us @yankalillavetclinic!